Apr 16, 2014 fbook icon twitter icon rss icon
Sports

Anthony Pettis on Fight vs. Donald Cerrone: "It is Happening"

article image

As far as Anthony Pettis is concerned, Donald Cerrone has done enough talking to warrant a fight. On UFC Tonight Tuesday evening, "Showtime" made it clear that they will meet soon inside the Octagon.

"Oh, it is happening," Pettis said. "He is talking too much mess for it not to happen. I should be ready by early November or late November. Either way, by November, be ready."

Pettis defeated Joe Lauzon earlier this year, but was forced to the sidelines after an injury. While healing up, Cerrone has continued to talk down to the former WEC champion.

UFC president Dana White made a brief mention of the fight being a title-eliminator bout, which would be just fine with Pettis. Upon entering the UFC from the WEC, Pettis was awarded a title show. However, that never happened after Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard were forced into an immediate rematch and Pettis was defeated by Clay Guida.

"I am coming for that title," Pettis said. "You're (Cerrone) the only guy standing in my way and I'm coming for it."

The UFC lightweight title is currently held by Benson Henderson, who Pettis defeated for the WEC title.

Related Content

Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.


Hot Gallery of the Day

20 People Who Are Having a Rough Day

Close x
Don't Miss Out! |
Like us on Facebook?