- NCAA Basketball
- NCAA Football
- Fantasy MLB
- Fantasy NBA
- Fantasy NFL
- Other Sports
- Alternative Medicine
- Food and Nutrition
- Health Care
- Medical Treatments
- Mental Health
- Weight Loss
- Women's Health
- Alcohol Addiction
- Drug Addiction
Anthony Pettis on Fight vs. Donald Cerrone: "It is Happening"
As far as Anthony Pettis is concerned, Donald Cerrone has done enough talking to warrant a fight. On UFC Tonight Tuesday evening, "Showtime" made it clear that they will meet soon inside the Octagon.
"Oh, it is happening," Pettis said. "He is talking too much mess for it not to happen. I should be ready by early November or late November. Either way, by November, be ready."
Pettis defeated Joe Lauzon earlier this year, but was forced to the sidelines after an injury. While healing up, Cerrone has continued to talk down to the former WEC champion.
UFC president Dana White made a brief mention of the fight being a title-eliminator bout, which would be just fine with Pettis. Upon entering the UFC from the WEC, Pettis was awarded a title show. However, that never happened after Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard were forced into an immediate rematch and Pettis was defeated by Clay Guida.
"I am coming for that title," Pettis said. "You're (Cerrone) the only guy standing in my way and I'm coming for it."
The UFC lightweight title is currently held by Benson Henderson, who Pettis defeated for the WEC title.
- Miguel Torres Announces That He Has Signed With Titan FC
- Johny Hendricks-Martin Kampmann Official For UFC 154
- Rampage Jackson Hints At Fighting Outside Of UFC After Bout With Glover Teixeira
- Seattle To Host UFC On Fox 5
- Frankie Edgar Makes Featherweight Move Official
- Chael Sonnen: Jon Jones "Will Never Fight Me"
- Chris Weidman Just Wants Anderson Silva To Give Him A Chance
- Anthony Pettis Says His Fight With Donald Cerrone "Is Happening"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.
Sign up for the OV Daily Newsletter