"Anderson said he wants to take some time off until after the end of the this year," said UFC president Dana White during his post-press conference media scrum (thanks to MMAWeekly.com for transcribing). "We'll start talking to him."
White mentioned Chris Weidman as the likely choice for a meeting with Silva, but added, "He's going to have to wait or fight because Anderson's going to fight after the beginning of the year."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Jon Fitch Says American Fighting Academy “Still Mending From Josh Koscheck Leaving"
- High-Level Manager Ed Soares Joins RFA MMA Promotion
- Pair Of Fights Official For UFC's Return To England
- Georges St-Pierre Thinks Chris Weidman Could Defeat Anderson Silva, Says He's 'At A Different Level"
- Nate Diaz Thought Frankie Edgar Won, But Favors Title Fight With Benson Henderson
- Benson Henderson Knows Nate Diaz’s Mind Psychology Can Affect Their Fight
- UFC Hoping To Host Superfight At Cowboys Stadium In Early 2013
- Shane Carwin Expects Roy Nelson To "Test My Nerves" On TUF
- Prelims For UFC 150 Fail To Reach One Million Viewers
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.