Silva has talked before about wishing he could fight a clone of himself inside the Octagon. After defeating Chael Sonnen Saturday night in the main event of UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II, the champion was asked who his next opponent would be.
"My clone," smiled Silva.
UFC president Dana White, who was curious about just who Silva might say, laughed off the clone talk. Rumors have the likes of Hector Lombard, Mark Munoz, Michael Bisping and Chris Weidman as potential challengers for Silva.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Silva has now defended the middleweight title a record 10 times since securing it from Rich Franklin back in 2006. The list includes several elite fighters from Franklin to Dan Henderson to Vitor Belfort. He's also topped Sonnen twice now.
Many believe the end is on the horizon for Silva, but he said he enjoys training and would like to fight another 10 years, adding, "I love doing it. While I have the strength physically and mentally, I'll do what I love to do."
- Mark Munoz Will Call For Shot At Anderson Silva With Win Over Chris Weidman
- Coach For Chael Sonnen Will Not Appeal Loss, Wants Fans To Push For Third Match
- Chael Sonnen Headed To The Back Of Middleweight Line
- UFC 148 Medical Suspensions For Several Fighters Including Sonnen, Griffin
- Quinton "Rampage" Jackson To Face Glover Teixeira At UFC 153
- Russia The Next Target For The UFC's Global Conquest
- Forrest Griffin Tops UFC 148 Salaries
- Dana White Not Too Happy With Griffin's Antics At UFC 148
- Trainer Believes Chael Sonnen Has Fought His Last Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.