- NCAA Basketball
- NCAA Football
- Fantasy MLB
- Fantasy NBA
- Fantasy NFL
- Other Sports
- Alternative Medicine
- Food and Nutrition
- Health Care
- Medical Treatments
- Mental Health
- Weight Loss
- Women's Health
- Alcohol Addiction
- Drug Addiction
Anderson Silva Wants to Finish His UFC Career Undefeated
UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva has never lost inside the Octagon. This Saturday night, in the main event of UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar, "The Spider" will look to secure another UFC victory when he meets Stephan Bonnar.
While his title will not be on the line, Silva knows what is at stake in this light heavyweight contest: his perfect UFC mark.
"I hope to continue my win streak, and I can finish my career undefeated in the UFC," Silva said. "It's an individual sport, so you always have to be improving and training. I think that is the goal for every athlete; it is no different for me."
Silva recently defended his title with a TKO victory over Chael Sonnen. He agreed to step in and face Bonnar to give the Brazilian card a main event. UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo was slated to compete, but could not make the event due to an injury.
"It was a request from Dana to come in and save UFC 153," Silva said. "It was an opportunity to give back to all the Brazilian fans for what they did to support me in my last fight."
- UFC Fighter Shane Roller Announces His Retirement
- Management For Jeremy Stephens Issues Statement
- Suspension Upheld For Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante
- Bellator 83 Set For December 7 From Atlantic City
- Bellator, Spike TV Set Date For Reality Series Tryouts
- UFC 153 Results And Live Coverage This Saturday, Current Card
- Rory MacDonald Wants To Define A True Fighter
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.
Sign up for the OV Daily Newsletter