Strikeforce middleweight champion Luke Rockhold recently made a successful title defense by besting Tim Kennedy at Strikeforce: Rockhold Vs. Kennedy. With UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva sitting comfortably atop the 185-pound rankings, Rockhold would like nothing more than his shot at "The Spider."
"I would take a pay cut (to fight Silva)," said Rockhold, during an interview with FightHub TV. "You only life once, (and) I live to fight the best. Anderson Silva is hands down the best in the world and to fight him in his prime would be a dream come true."
Rockhold won the Strikeforce title by topping Ronaldo Souza last year. He stopped Keith Jardine in his first defense before taking a decision from Kennedy. Silva, meanwhile, bested Chael Sonnen via second round TKO in his most recent Octagon appearance.
"I'm not scared of anybody," Rockhold said. "I want those fights."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Alexander Gustafsson Targeting Early Fall Return To Action
- Chael Sonnen Gives His Responses To "Rampage" Jackson
- Anderson Silva's Wife Extends BBQ Invite To Chael Sonnen
- Anthony Johnson Feels "Healthier" By Making Decision To Fight At 205
- John Lineker Vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani On Deck For UFC 151
- Melvin Guillard Says "There Is No Way" Donald Cerrone Can Beat Him
- Roy Nelson Happy To Be Average, Not Sure Where Hatred From Shane Carwin Originated
- Tito Ortiz Says TRT Use Needs To Be Stopped Right Now
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.