All those fans who want to see UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre take on UFC middleweight champion are going to like hearing this bit of news. UFC president Dana White informed Dave and Mahoney during a recent radio appearance that he is all for the super-fight.
"I think if we do the fight with (Silva) and Georges St-Pierre, it would be a catch-weight; probably like 178 (pounds), something like that," White said (thanks to MMAWeekly.com for transcribing). "Georges St-Pierre says he does (want the fight). He wants to do it, yeah."
Currently, St-Pierre is set to face Carlos Condit in a unification bout for the UFC welterweight title. White added that GSP would have to get past Condit for any future talk of the Silva contest to gains team.
St-Pierre, who is returning from knee surgery, is set to face Condit in the main event of UFC 154 in November.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Miguel Torres Announces That He Has Signed With Titan FC
- Johny Hendricks-Martin Kampmann Official For UFC 154
- Rampage Jackson Hints At Fighting Outside Of UFC After Bout With Glover Teixeira
- Seattle To Host UFC On Fox 5
- Frankie Edgar Makes Featherweight Move Official
- Chael Sonnen: Jon Jones "Will Never Fight Me"
- Chris Weidman Just Wants Anderson Silva To Give Him A Chance
- Anthony Pettis Says His Fight With Donald Cerrone "Is Happening"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.