According to a report by Brazilian media outlet O Globo, the much-hyped Anderson Silva-Chael Sonnen rematch could be leaving Brazil. Currently, the UFC 147 card is set for Rio de Janeiro. However, a United Nations conference is also scheduled for the days leading up to the event, causing much conflict.
UFC president Dana White talked about this problem following the UFC On Fuel TV 2 event, adding that he hoped a decision would be made very quickly. Now, it appears that the fight could be headed to Las Vegas and the UFC 148 card, which is set for July 7.
A press conference is scheduled for Brazil next Tuesday, so the official fight card should be made known at that time. White, Silva and Sonnen are all expected to attend the press conference.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Video: Ronda Rousey And Nick Catone Aid NY MMA Efforts
- With Rivalry Neutered, Jones Vs. Evans Comes Down To Competition
- "Bellator 66: Aoki Vs. Alvarez" Weigh-In Results
- New York State Senate Passes MMA Legalization Bill… Again
- Video: Jon Jones Knocks Out Pale Rastafarian
- Jon Jones Vs. Rashad Evans = Spider-Man Vs. Beast
- Nick Diaz's NSAC Hearing Delayed
- Did Sugar Ray Leonard Lure BJ Penn Out Of Retirement?
- KID Yamamoto Saves Injured Man In Tokyo
- Greg Jackson Accepts Role In Evans-Jones Feud
- "UFC 145 Primetime" Episode Two Makes Dramatic Increase In Ratings
- With Issues In Brazil, Anderson Silva-Chael Sonnen 2 Could Be Headed To Las Vegas
- Video: Dramatic Come-From-Behind Win At Australian MMA Event
- BJ Penn And Jens Pulver Predict UFC 145 Winner
- UFC On FUEL TV 2 Medical Suspensions
- Roland Delorme In For Injured Johnny Bedford At UFC On FOX 3
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.