"You did your entire preparation focused on one guy," said Silva to TATAME. "When they replace a guy it changes a bit. I thought he could fight Chael, but it's his call to make. He trained focused on Dan Henderson. His team thought it was better for him not to fight."
Silva is no stranger to Sonnen, as he defended his championship successfully against him at UFC 117 and 148.
- Tim Means-Abel Trujillo, Daron Cruickshank-Henry Martinez Moved To UFC On Fox 5
- Chael Sonnen Says Vitor Belfort "Never Shows Up," Will Pull Out Of Jon Jones Fight
- Mike Swick-Matt Brown To Square Off At UFC On Fox 5
- Heavyweights Brendan Schaub, Lavar Johnson Headed For Seattle
- Bellator Returns To Ohio, Two Names Confirmed
- Jon Jones Responds To News Dan Henderson Was Injured Three Weeks Prior To Cancelling Fight
- Dan Henderson Targets Year-End Show For Return To Action
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.