After falling to Silva earlier this year for a second time, Sonnen decided to move up to 205 pounds. Silva discussed Sonnen's new roles during a recent interview with Globo SporTV.
"I think there's other athletes who deserved (the spot)," Silva said. "Chael does his job very well. If selling very well is a good buck. Chael Sonnen gets things that sometimes we cannot. It sells well, a guy who knows how to make provocations."
Silva mentioned such fighters as Lyoto Machida, Glover Teixeira, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira and Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante as being more worthy of fighting for the title, adding, "they all have the conditions to face Jon Jones and even beat him."
- Miesha Tate Disgusted By Bellator's Placement Of Zoila Gurgel
- Matt Riddle Confirms He Has Medical Marijuana Card
- Erik Koch To Return At UFC 155 Vs. Ricardo Lamas
- Carlos Condit: I'm Playing The Role Of Spoiler Again
- Ed Soares Calls CSAC Idiots Over Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante’s Suspension
- Pair Of New Fights Added To TUF Finale
- Michael Bisping Looks Ahead To A Middleweight Championship Fight
- T.J. Dillashaw And Mike Easton Added To UFC On FOX 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.