Jon Jones (16-1) is no longer the only MMA fighter to be represented by Nike on a global level. Anderson Silva's (32-4) Nike deal has gone from a regional to global one, according to his manager Ed Soares.
"It started off as Nike Brazil, but it has since been made a global deal," said Soares to Bloody Elbow. "I don't think there's another mixed martial arts athlete on the planet that deserves that more than Anderson. He's one of the best athletes out there that fits that mold, the face of Nike."
Silva is no stranger to the MMA world, where he is considered by several media outlets and UFC President Dana White as the "pound-for-pound best fighter in the world." He has held the middleweight championship since 2006 and defended it a record 10 times. Silva is undefeated in the UFC with 15 fights.
"Look at all the people they've sponsored," said Soares. "People have compared Anderson as the Michael Jordan of MMA. The best of the best have always had some sort of affiliation with Nike, and I think the brand fits Anderson better than any other MMA athlete in the world."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Glover Teixeira Draws Fabio Maldonado For October Brazil Card
- Anderson Silva-Stephan Bonnar Light Heavyweight Affair New UFC 153 Main Event
- Chris Leben Returning To Octagon This December To Face Karlos Vemola
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Returning At UFC 153 To Face Dave Herman
- Vitor Belfort Calls Chael Sonnen A Twitter Clown
- Report: Bellator Heavyweight Champion Cole Konrad Retires
- Cyrille Diabaté Looks For The Decision, Not Knockout In Fight With Fábio Maldonado
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline