"I think that was the only time in my life I had a misconduct," said Silva to TATAME. "We must always be changing with these attitudes. It's a sport children, older people and younger [people] attend. For that we can earn respect and more fans, have to have that awareness."
Silva defeated Maia via unanimous decision at UFC 112 from Abu Dhab in 2010. It marked the UFC's debut in the country and they have yet to make a return.
In the fight, Silva was criticized for his lack of action. The referee in the fight warned him and Dana White refused to present the champion with his title at the end.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Both men return to action tonight at UFC 153. Silva takes on Stephan Bonnar (14-7) in the main event and Maia (14-5) fights Rick Story (14-5) to open the main card.
- Renato Laranja Gives His Take On UFC 153 Main Event
- Forrest Griffin Says He And Stephan Bonnar Can Split The Light Heavyweight Championship
- Minutes After Win, Dana White Sends Message To Eddie Alvarez
- Bellator 76 Results: Eddie Alvarez Knocks Patricky Pitbull Out
- Video: Extended Promo For Bellator's Move To Spike TV
- Don Frye: Dan Henderson "Is An (Expletive)"
- Chael Sonnen's UFC 153 Main Event Prediction: Stephan Bonnar
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.