UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva has had to field questions over the years in regards to his sexual nature. Silva, regarded as one of the top fighters of all-time, admits in a recent interview with Tatame that people believed he was homosexual growing up.
"A lot of people thought I was gay," Silva said. "We would wear a dress, put on her shoes. And because I am very vain about my appearance, and have a high voice, a lot of people were sure I was gay."
Silva, who has been married to his wife, Dayane, for 15 years, has five children. He added that he allowed his sisters to dress him up and he played with dolls until he was 14.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Video: Weigh-Ins For ONE FC 5: Pride Of A Nation
- Anderson Silva: "A Lot Of People Thought I Was Gay" Growing Up
- Official Numbers Come In For UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II
- TUF Winner Michael Chiesa Returns To Action Vs. Rafaello Oliveira This December
- Joseph Benavidez Plans To Exploit Demetrious Johnson’s Weak Spot
- Thales Leites Responds To Anderson Silva's Recent Remarks
- Eddie Yagin-Dennis Siver Finds Home At UFC On Fox 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.