Silva, the UFC middleweight champion, laid on the fence and allowed Stephan Bonnar to take his best shot. After wiping his forehead, Silva delivered a huge knee to the body and finished "The American Psycho" on the ground, earning his UFC-record 16th victory.
"I trained hard for this," said Silva, during the post-fight show on Fuel TV. "I trained for my team, who helped me for the takedown. I trained for the fans, with my jiu-jitsu. I trained boxing. This is the win for my team."
Silva was asked if any of Bonnar's punches hurt him, saying, "Yeah. Yeah, but I have fast reflexes. I'm the Spiderman."
- Daniel Cormier Responds To Jon Jones
- TUF 16 Ratings Hit All-Time Low
- Matt Hughes: "Looks Like I’m Fully Retired"
- Vinny Magalhaes Asks For Phil Davis Bout
- Shane Carwin's Manager Has Doubts About VADA
- Jake Ellenberger Tops Fighter Salaries For UFC On FX 5
- Jake Shields' Win Over Ed Herman Changed To No-Contest Due To Failed Test
- Roy Nelson Offered To Fight Dana White
- Jon Jones Refers To Daniel Cormier As "Relatively Unknown"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.