Amateur fighter Tyrone Mims, who died following a TKO loss on August 11 for Conflict MMA Promotions, will be honored at the company's next show.
"Conflict MMA Promotions would like to have a special memorial for Tyrone Mims at the next event in December with permission and participation of his family," said Edward Phipps, legal counsel for Conflict MMA.
Also, a championship belt will be named after the fighter and a trust fund will created for his five children.
"Tyrone's influence and what he contributed to so many lives will forever be in our hearts, and the tragic loss of his kind soul will not be forgotten," said Phipps.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Following the lose, Mims passed out backstage and was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital. An initial autopsy was inconclusive. A full autopsy is underway and results will take six to eight weeks.
- Conflict MMA To Honor Fallen Fighter Tyrone Mims
- Randy Couture's Comeback Fight? Steven Seagal
- Shinya Aoki Now Off Next ONE FC Card, Slated For October Instead
- Junior Dos Santos Named Ambassador Of Salvador For 2014 World Cup
- Frankie Edgar Talks Move To Featherweight, Doesn't Believe Cut Would Have Issues
- Thiago Alves, Siyar Bahadurzada Push For Future Fight
- BJ Penn Believes Cut Wasn't Only Reason Rory MacDonald Pulled Out Of Scheduled Fight
- UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II Medical Suspensions Contain Champion
- Jon Jones Fires Back At Chael Sonnen, Refers To Him As "Coward," "Cheater"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline