"The Reem," episode eleven was released this week and, as promised, it featured the events leading up to and surrounding Alistair Overeem's disciplinary hearing with the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
Overeem registered an elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio at a surprise pre-fight drug test for his scheduled UFC 146 title fight against Junior dos Santos. That bout was eventually cancelled as a result and Overeem was suspended for nine months, his reputation tarnished.
Still, despite the doubt cast upon him and the criticism he's sure to face when he returns, Overeem is intent upon returning to the cage and capturing the UFC heavyweight title.
"We just finished the hearing," Overeem says in the mini-doc. "I greatly respect the commission, I respect their decision. They come across as gentlemen and gentlewomen and very respectful, very understanding, trying to understand the situation. Basically, we're gonna be out for nine months. But, I mean, I consider myself a clever guy. I'm gonna get stronger from this, I'm gonna keep on training and I'm gonna be back in nine months. I'm still gonna get that belt."
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
Overeem will be eligible to apply for a fighter's license with Nevada again by December 29th, 2012.
- Jason “Mayhem” Miller: “I Am Looking Past CB Dollaway!”
- Stefan Struve Discusses Maturation As Fighter, Opponent Lavar Johnson
- Video: Joe Rogan And Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Bury The Hatchet
- Four Castmember Fights Announced For 'The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale'
- UFC On FX 5 Headed For Indianapolis
- Randy Couture Offers Up His Take On Junior Dos Santos Vs. Frank Mir
- Jon Jones Has First Court Date Set For May 29
- UFC Announces Several Fights For "The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale"
- Mike Swick Set To Return At "UFC On FOX 4"
- Mir Takes No Issue With Dos Santos Questioning His Manhood
- Alistair Overeem: "I'm Still Gonna Get That Belt"
- Video: Bas Rutten Extols The Virtues Of The Ground Game
- Dan Hardy: Training With Frank Mir Has Been Inspirational
- Dana White Maintains Little Concern For Fox Ratings
- Anderson Silva Slips Up, Lets The World Know What He Really Thinks Of Vitor Belfort
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.