Overeem is charged with one count of misdemeanor battery, which carries a maximum penalty of a $1,000 fine and up to six months in prison. Overeem will have his case heard in a bench trial, where judge Diana Sullivan will render the verdict with no jury present.
Following his first round TKO victory over Brock Lesnar at UFC 141 on December 30 of last year, Overeem stayed in Vegas to ring in the New Year. At approximately 3am on January 1st at the Wynn Las Vegas casino/resort, Overeem allegedly "shoved a woman in the face."
In defeating Lesnar, Overeem earned a shot at current UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos, which is to take place on May 26 at UFC 146 from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
- Video: Ronda Rousey Talks About The Time She Fought In A Movie Theatre
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" Episode Two Ratings
- "A Day In The Life Of Jason 'Mayhem' Miller"
- Chael Sonnen's Self-Help Book To Hit Shelves This May
- Bisping-Boetsch, Barao-Hougland Added To UFC 148
- Nate Diaz Deserves Title Shot With Win Over Jim Miller, Says Cesar Gracie
- "UFC 148" Receives Rich Franklin-Cung Le Battle
- Video: Anderson Silva Preps For His Next Fight By Training In Brazil
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.