Following his UFC 117 title fight against Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen was suspended and fined by the California State Athletic Commission for registering a testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio of 16.9:1, well over California's limit of 4:1. Last night, during his Chael's Corner segment on UFC Tonight, Sonnen came to the defense of Alistair Overeem, who's in hot water with the Nevada State Athletic Commission for showing a ratio of 14:1 on a random test (Nevada's limit is 6:1).
"Alistair Overeem did not test positive for anything. End of story," said Chael in discussing the media's unfair treatment of Overeem. "So why is his name getting drug through the mud? Why are they saying, 'Well, he's got an elevated T-to-E ratio.' Ok, fair enough. Let's say his T-to-E ratio is outside the norm. That's not illegal. That's outside the norm. That's a red flag. That is a red flag, and Alistair will owe an explanation.
"If it's not against the rules, why are we having this conversation? MMA Media: You failed! It reminds me of the time when Ronald Reagan was president, and somebody in his cabinet had to stand trial. He gets acquitted and he says, 'Well, great. I've won the trial, but who do I see to get my reputation back?'"
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Video: Dramatic Come-From-Behind Win At Australian MMA Event
- BJ Penn And Jens Pulver Predict UFC 145 Winner
- UFC On FUEL TV 2 Medical Suspensions
- Roland Delorme In For Injured Johnny Bedford At UFC On FOX 3
- Chael Sonnen Comes To Alistair Overeem's Defense
- Shinya Aoki Has No Regrets About Breaking Bones, Set To Meet Eddie Alvarez Friday Night
- Recently Released Alexis Vila Targets Spot In UFC's Flyweight Division
- Video: "Countdown To UFC 145" Complete Episode
- Video: Rashad Evans Interview
- Chuck Liddell Calls Jones-Evans Odds "Ridiculous"
- "UFC 144: Edgar Vs. Henderson" Drug Test Results
- Overeem's Team Has Explanation For Test. Ratio, But It's Not TRT
- "UFC On FUEL TV 2: Gustafsson Vs. Silva" Ratings
- Video: Rashad Evans, "Georgia On My Mind"
- Revisit Greasegate And More In Dana White's UFC 94 Vlog
- Kenny Florian Voices Support For King Mo
- Newcomer Tim Elliott Will Face John Dodson At "UFC On FOX 3"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.