Alex Caceres scored the biggest win of his UFC career Wednesday night, locking in a triangle choke and defeating Damacio Page in the main fight on the prelims for UFC on Fuel TV: Munoz vs. Weidman. "Bruce Leeroy" is now 7-5 in his career, and 2-1 in his last three fights.
Page did plenty of damage in the first round, but Caceres nearly had a pair of submissions locked in after Page got a little too wild. That gave the alum of The Ultimate Fighter plenty of confidence heading into the second.
"I knew he would want to take me to the ground, and I felt him rushing a bit," Caceres said. "I waited for my opportunity. I knew if he kept grounding and pounding, I would catch it, and there it was."
Caceres mentioned many of the blows from Page, "hitting on my afro," so he said they were not causing much damage. After defeating Cole Escovedo last year, Caceres was dealt a split decision defeat by Edwin Figueroa this past February.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Shane Carwin And Roy Nelson To Coach Next Season Of "The Ultimate Fighter"
- "Strikeforce: Rockhold Vs. Kennedy" Final Card, Live Coverage Saturday
- Stephan Bonnar Talks Around Retirement Question
- Dana White Not Sure Who Will Face Anderson Silva Next, Unhappy With Late Stoppage In Main Event
- Ross Pearson, George Sotiropoulos Named TUF: The Smashes Coaches
- UFC On FUEL 4 Bonuses Awarded To Te Huna, Beltran Weidman, Caceres
- Video: "UFC On Fuel TV: Munoz Vs. Weidman" Post-Fight Press Conference
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.