Alan Belcher thought four words when a doctor told him earlier this year that he had a spinal fracture.
"I couldn't believe it," said Belcher, in a recent interview with Fighters.com.
Belcher has recovered from the crack in the spinous process at the base of his back well enough to face Yushin Okami in a key middleweight contest in December at UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II. The two met in 2006, with Okami claiming a decision victory in the UFC debut for "The Talent." Since that time, Belcher has battled several injuries to put himself on a four-fight win streak.
With the UFC middleweight Top-10 an unknown right now, Belcher understands the importance of picking up his 19th career victory next month over "Thunder."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"This time around, it's going to be a lot different," Belcher said. "Nothing will slow me down. I came back from the eye problem. A lot of people thought my career was over, but I made the choice to start fighting again. I came back from that - I can come back from anything."
- Lorenz Larkin's Manager Not Happy With Luke Rockhold
- Invicta FC 4 Card Released: Strawweight Champion To Be Crowned
- MFC To Crown New Lightweight Champion
- Rory MacDonald Has Future Encounter With Carlos Condit On His Mind
- Luke Rockhold Still Injured, Off January Strikeforce Card
- Dana White Disappointed About Strikeforce
- Johny Hendricks Has No Doubt Who He Wants Next
- X-Gym Trainer Knows Jon Jones' Weakness
- UFC Took Care Of Fabio Maldonado For Accepting Glover Teixeira Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.