A beauty salon boss fell unconscious and almost broke her neck after she performed the Ice Bucket Challenge and it went terribly wrong.
After getting drenched with ice water, Amanda Davey ran to her kitchen, laughing and in shock from the freezing water. However, the 40-year-old mother of two slipped, landing on her head and knocking herself unconscious.
When Davey woke up, her speech was slurred.
"I had pins and needles all down my arms and when I went to speak blurred words came out. I had only had half a glass of wine, so I know it wasn’t that!" Davey said. “I knew I had really banged my head."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Davey's family rushed her to the hospital shortly after. According to medics, Davey was lucky to walk away with a black and blue scalp instead of a broken neck.
Davey was left with severe whiplash and heavy bruising.
Doctors at the hospital in Southport, Merseyside noted that others had also been admitted for injuries related to the Ice Bucket Challenge.
Since posting the video, Davey said that many people have told her it's the funniest yet, then ask if she recovered.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
Davey noted that running through the house after being drenched with water is like telling kids not to run after getting out of the pool, but the rule doesn't occur to you when you're freezing. She has warned others not to repeat her mistake.