A 24-year-old woman from Henderson, Nevada, froze to death inside a cryochamber at her place of business, Rejuvenice.
Rejuvenice manager Chelsea Ake, a Hawaii native, was found inside the cryochamber by employees after being exposed to a minus 240-degree Fahrenheit temperature for at least 10 hours, authorities with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration said, according to News3LV.
The police report ruled Ake’s death as “operator error.” It is believed she used the machine without any assistance and may have suffocated.
"I do know that she was alone closing the shop up, and then did go into the machine and apparently did not turn off," her friend, Shae-Lynn Bee, said.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Bee traveled from Hawaii to take possession of Ake’s body.
"Chelsea's everything to me,” Bee said. “She was my best friend, and I'm going to miss her dearly."
“It's very frustrating to know because you know there are no cameras in there,” Bee said. “Basically, the only person that does know what happened is Chelsea."
According to Rejuvenice’s website, “Cryotherapy is the local or general use of low temperatures in medical therapy.”
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
The treatments cryotherapy is used for at the salon include the reduction of inflammation and pain, acceleration of tissue healing, improving blood circulation, burning of calories, and detoxification.
The normal treatment time in the cryotherapy chamber is five to 10 minutes, according to Rejuvenice’s website.
The owners of Rejuvenice did not provide a comment on the accident but said they are saddened by the loss of Ake.
“Tragic ending to a beautiful life,” the company posted on their Facebook page, The Daily Mail reports. "We will all miss you. Rest in Peace."