Cheryl Kingery went to Starbucks in Clinton, Utah, in July 2012, but instead of a caffeinated beverage, she claims she was served a drink that contained the cleaning solution used on the coffehouse’s machines.
She’s now seeking more than $2 million in damages according to a lawsuit filed last week, St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported. Kingery claims she was was given a cleaning chemical called Urnex, according to The Daily Meal.
In the suit, Kingery claimed the tainted coffee burned her mouth and throat and she suffered severe nerve damage, chronic mouth burning and loss of taste. She is seeking $1.5 million to cover medical expenses and lost wages, plus an additional $500,000 for her suffering, Eater reported.
Local police said they do not have a criminal complaint on record related to Kingery’s allegations.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Starbucks spokeswoman Laurel Harper said: “The safety of our customers is our highest priority. We take this obligation seriously and are investigating Ms. Kingery’s claims.”