As the public awaits the results of an April 21 autopsy, rumors surrounding the cause of death of the legendary musician Prince have been spreading.
One rumor that surfaced says the singer was treated for a drug overdose days before he was found dead at his Paisley Park estate. Prince reportedly overdosed on Percocet, ingesting so much of the painkiller that EMTs had to give him a "save shot," TMZ reports.
Sources in Moline, Illinois, said members of Prince's entourage revealed to responders that the musician had taken Percocet after what would be his final concert on April 14 in Atlanta, according to TMZ.
Following the show, Prince's plane had to make an emergency landing so he could receive medial attention.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Prince had been taking Percocet for his hips, which he had corrective surgery on around 2010, TMZ reports. The singer was spotted visiting a local Walgreens four times in the week prior to his death.
On April 21, Prince collapsed in the elevator in his Minnesota estate. The autopsy could take up to several weeks to determine the true cause of his death, New York Daily News reports.