Two people died and three others were injured after a woman dropped her cell phone into an open-pit toilet in China.
According to reports, the woman dropped her cell phone into the cesspool, and when her husband went in to retrieve it, he passed out from the smell. The husband’s mother jumped in to try and save it, but she too lost consciousness from the overwhelming stench. Other people who tried to help the two sustained injuries, including the woman who dropped the phone.
“The smell was too strong,” said a witness. “I lost consciousness before I could see anything.”
Villagers were able to pull the victims out with a rope and after they were rushed to a hospital, they died. Medical examiners determined that both the man and his mother died of suffocation.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"Two lives have gone in five minutes and my cousin's wife is still in coma, leaving a partially-paralyzed old man and a one-year-old son at home,” said an uncle of the deceased man. "What are we supposed to do?"
Witnesses say that both the mother and the husband had pulses when they were pulled out of the cesspool, but they wound up dying after the ambulance took an hour to arrive.