President Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star has reportedly been vandalized once again.
The star was defaced for the second time in six months on April 23 when someone wrote "F*** Trump" in black marker on the star, Breitbart reports. The vandal has reportedly not been identified, and the LAPD has not released further information.
The incident comes after James Otis, 53, disguised himself as a construction worker in October 2016 to damage the star with a sledgehammer and pickax. Otis, an heir to the Otis Elevator fortune, said he vandalized the star to support the women who have accused Trump of sexual assault, CNN reports.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"I had four or five family members sexually assaulted, and I'm terribly upset that we have a presidential nominee who's become sort of a poster child of sexual violence," said Otis.
Otis removed the gold emblem from the star's center, and caused damage to the star itself. He later said he could sell parts of the star.
"I know I can sell it. I think I can get over $1 million for this star, to be distributed to these women and many others that will be going forward," he said.
He added that he had previously sold items that belonged to Indian civil rights leader Mahatma Gandhi, donating "all the money to countries that were fighting dictatorships with non-violent strategies."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
"When people are unhappy with one of our honorees, we would hope that they would project their anger in more positive ways than to vandalize a California State landmark," said Hollywood Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Leron Gubler.
Otis later said he had regrets about defacing the star, according to CBS News.
"Upon reflection after my arrest, I had said I was proud and felt very good about destroying Mr. Trump’s star. However, now I realize I was wrong, that I shouldn’t have done it," he said.
After pleading no contest to felony vandalism, Otis was sentenced to three years of probation, along with paying $4,400 for damages and attorney's fees and doing 20 days of community service.
"I destroyed the star, but considering the violence that has been committed [by Trump] -- I'm a little sad that I had to [damage the star]," he said. "I'm usually always non-violent. It seems in this one instance I broke some stone and marble to make a point."
The star has also previously been painted on, and at one point a street artist placed a miniature wall around the star, making a statement about Trump's promise to build a wall on the border of the U.S. and Mexico.