Radio personality and television host Ryan Seacrest posted on Instagram and Twitter that his house caught fire.
"[F]ire last night at the house- thank god everyone is ok," Seacrest wrote. "Thanks again [Beverly Hills Fire Department]."
Details about the fire are scarce, but TMZ reports it was an electrical fire that began off Seacrest's driveway and spread to nearby trash cans. Seacrest shared a photo over social media showing a few burned items, but did not provide details on the extent of the damage.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Seacrest bought the house from television personality Ellen DeGeneres in 2012. The mansion was listed for $49 million, but sources close to Seacrest report that he paid around $37 million.
The estate is in northern Beverly Hills and includes a 9,200-square-foot main residence, which has nine bedrooms. The property also has two guesthouses and another three-bedroom house. The plot of land spans more than 3 acres.
This isn't the only bad luck Seacrest has had in the past year. People magazine reports that the television host was on his way to host "ABC New Year’s Eve" when he got trapped in an elevator for 40 minutes. He posted a series of photos and videos on Instagram throughout the ordeal.
Eventually, the New York Fire Department arrived and Seacrest and the other elevator patrons were let out unharmed.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
"I will tell you this, if you’ve ever been stuck in an elevator, it’s funny and cute for about 10 minutes," Seacrest said. "And then about 20 minutes in, it’s not so funny anymore. But thank you to the fire department who came and rescued us and pried those doors open."