Society

'It Was Pretty Scary': 6-Year-Old Allegedly Left Hair Salon With First-Degree Burn (Video)

| by Sean Kelly
boy's haircut burn boy's haircut burn

A mother said that her son returned from getting a haircut at a local salon with first-degree burns.

Villa Rica, Georgia, resident Amanda Faulkner said a stylist at a local hair salon let clippers overheat — causing it to burn her 6-year-old son, Blaze Faulkner, on the back of his neck.

“You go for a haircut you think to come out with less hair, not less skin,” Amanda told WSB-TV.

The incident reportedly occurred at the Smart Style Family Salon inside of a local Walmart on Jan. 1. Amanda’s husband took Blaze to the salon and noticed bruises on his neck on their way out. The bruises got worse as the day went on.

Popular Video

A police officer saw a young black couple drive by and pulled them over. What he did next left them stunned:

Popular Video

A police officer saw a young black couple drive by and pulled them over. What he did next left them stunned:

“It was pretty scary, I mean for a 6-year-old to have those kind of marks on him,” Amanda said. “It’s unnerving.”

Amanda said a doctor told her that her son was left with first-degree burns from the incident. Marks from the clippers are also reportedly visible on the burns.

The mother returned to the salon for an apology or explanation but said she got no response. Following a news interview, a district manager told her they would look into the incident.

“We take guest satisfaction very seriously,” the salon’s corporate office said in a statement. “We are aware of the complaint and are investigating.”

Sources: WSB-TV, Good Housekeeping / Photo credit: WSB-TV