Society

Police: Mom Overdosed In Chuck E. Cheese Bathroom

| by Michael Howard

An Indiana woman allegedly overdosed on heroin in the bathroom of an Ohio Chuck E. Cheese after bringing her two children to the restaurant.

Michelle Wagner, 34, was arrested March 28 and charged with two counts of child endangerment. According to police documents, Wagner "admitted to snorting heroin and overdosed at Chuck E. Cheese's while her children were present," WLWT reports.

Wagner's 7-year-old son and 5-year-old daughter were playing in the restaurant when the incident occurred.

When medics arrived on the scene they were able to revive the mother of two with Narcan, a medication that blocks the effects of opiates. She was then transported to a medical center before being taken to jail.

Popular Video

This young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.

Brett Bryant, who had been at the same Chuck E. Cheese location with his kids a few days prior, reacted to the news in an interview with WLWT.

"It's got to be traumatizing," he said. "It's probably something, unfortunately, [her kids are] going to remember for the rest of their life."

"Maybe it will be a wake-up call for her," Bryant added. "[It might] be what she needed in order to see how serious this really is. She could have died in front of her kids."

Myra Hisle, who brought her grandchildren to Chuck E. Cheese the following day, was equally taken aback by Wagner's behavior.

Popular Video

This young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:

"Unbelievable. I have my grandkids here on spring break," she told WLWT. "To think that that could have happened while we were here, it would be just really hard to explain to my children what was going on."

Wagner was arraigned March 29. Her bond was set at $5,000, and she was released from jail after posting 10 percent of it, according to Eagle Country Online. She is scheduled to appear in court on April 6.

This isn't the first time an adult has been caught using heroin in a Chuck E. Cheese bathroom.

In 2014, two men were arrested after they were caught smoking heroin in the men's bathroom of a Chuck E. Cheese in California. A customer had called the police after witnessing the men enter a stall together.

"Both males were observed in the process of smoking heroin," Lt. Greg Scott told KCBS at the time, according to the Huffington Post.

The men had reportedly gone to the children's restaurant to meet up with their drug dealer.

Chuck E. Cheese spokeswoman Michelle Chism said the company was shocked by the news.

"We cannot begin to express the combination of sorrow and anger that we feel about adults engaging in this type of behavior in a children’s establishment," she stated.

Sources: WLWT, Eagle Country Online, Huffington Post / Photo Credit: Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office via Eagle Country Online

Should her children be placed in protective custody?
Yes - 0%
Yes - 0%