Society

Mom Cooks Every Day With Baby In A Sling, Then Feels Something Burning On Her Chest

| by Charles Roberts

A young mother has shared her near-tragic story as a way to warn other parents of the dangers of cooking while wearing a baby carrier.

Molly Landis, a new mother from Milwaukee, was cooking in her kitchen on November 29, when suddenly, a fireball shot off the stove right at her chest.

According to MommyPage, Landis says she would normally be holding her four-week-old baby in a baby sling while she cooked, but this time, fortunately, she was not. 

Popular Video

This young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.

She wrote about the incident in a post on her Facebook page.

"We know we all love being hands-free, especially with a needy babe," Landis wrote in her Facebook post.

The mother says that she believes there is a "guardian angel" watching over her as what happened next could have been much worse.

Landis' stove burner exploded while she was cooking, sending a fireball right at chest, neck, and face, right where her daughter's head would have been resting. Fortunately, this was a rare occasion in which Landis did not have her baby strapped to her chest.

Popular Video

This young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:

"For the first time in her life she fell asleep in her swing and I wasn't wearing her while I was in the kitchen," Landis wrote.

The mother shared a photo of the aftermath of the stove explosion, along with a warning to other parents.

"This caused open wounds and burns to my face and chest," she wrote. "Yes, this is horrible and painful but I haven't been able to stop thinking about how lucky I truly am."

She continued, "The point of my message is to pleaseeeee be cautious of the activities we do while wearing our babies! Since this happened I have had so many moms say 'omg, I do that all the time.'" 

Landis said that she is "so grateful" her daughter wasn't in her sling during the explosion.

"We never think it could happen to us and I never thought it would happen to me," the mother wrote.

Landis' post has been shared more than 24,000 times since being posted two weeks ago.

Sources: MommyPageMolly Landis/Facebook / Photo Credit: Facebook via MommyPage