Rat's Head Discovered In Restaurant's Chili (Video)

| by Dominic Kelly

A man was eating dinner at a Golden Corral restaurant in Florida when he ate a scoop of chili and unknowingly bit into the head of a dead rat.

Reports say that 36-year-old roofer Billy Wilson was at the Golden Corral restaurant with some friends when the incident occurred. The chain restaurant, known for having a large buffet selection and some healthier options, was a regular choice for Wilson, and when he went up to get a bowl of chili, he didn’t think there was anything out of the ordinary. After taking a few bites, however, he immediately spit it out and noticed that he had almost ingested a rat’s head that even had a tooth protruding from its mouth.

Immediately, Wilson ran to the bathroom to vomit, and when he came back to the table, he and his friends notified a restaurant employee, who in turn called for the manager.

“The first bite I took out of it was a crunch, and at the time I was like maybe ... it was a hard bean inside of chili,” said Wilson. “He [the restaurant’s manager] inspected and was like, 'Wow, that is a rat,' so he took pictures of it, moved it around a little bit, took pictures in different angles. He was like me, he was horrified.”

Wilson later had to be treated at the hospital for gastroenteritis after biting into the rat’s head, and now, he’s reportedly hired a lawyer.

Some have accused Wilson of planting the rat head, but he swears that he would never do something like that.

“I would never do that,” Wilson said. “They have cameras in there and everything. I'm scared of rats.”

Wilson says he has no idea if he accidentally ingested other parts of the rat before taking the bite into the head. The restaurant is investigating the incident but says they are committed to serving high-quality food.

Sources: Daily Mail, WFSB, AZ Central