A U.K. man says he was disgusted when he took his stepdaughter to eat at a local McDonald’s restaurant and was served a completely raw burger.
Reports say that 28-year-old Byron Thomas ordered a quarter pounder with cheese meal while dining with his 13-year-old stepdaughter, and upon biting into it, he realized something tasted strange. When he took the bun off and peeled back the slightly cooked light brown layer on the top, he was horrified to discover that the rest of the burger was completely raw.
Thomas says he immediately complained to management about the raw burger and was offered a freshly cooked one, but the next day, he woke up with stomach pains that he says are from biting into the burger.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
“I spat out what was in my mouth straight away, it was absolutely disgusting,” Thomas told Metro UK. “I was up being sick at 4 a.m. the next morning and I am still being ill on and off now. I have Ulcerative Colitis so it doesn’t help my stomach when I am eating completely raw meat. We only pop to McDonald’s for a treat every now and then but there is no way me or any of my friends or family will ever be going there again.”
Thomas has complained to corporate about the incident and plans to report the restaurant to the local health officer. In a statement, McDonald’s addressed the incident.
“Food safety is our highest priority. We place great emphasis on quality control and follow rigorous standards in order to avoid any imperfections in our food,” the statement reads. “We are disappointed to hear of this experience and as soon as we were made aware of the incident, we launched a full investigation. We will be in touch with Mr Thomas once this is complete.”