A toddler was left covered in blood after coming off of a slide at a park, her leg slashed by broken glass.
Torquay, England, resident Amy Smith said her 2-year-old daughter, Demi-Mai, was playing at the park when she cut herself on a broken glass bottle. It is believed that the bottle had been purposely smashed and left on the slide.
The toddler was rushed to the hospital, where her injury was treated.
“I'm really angry that someone would do that in a children's play park,” Smith told the Mirror.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
“I was so proud of Demi as she had just [learned] to climb up the rope that leads up to the slide. I helped her up a bit and then she went down the slide. As she reached the bottom she hit the glass which cut her leg. The hospital cleaned up Demi's wound and luckily she didn't need any stitches.”
The Torquay Council’s Natural Environment Services were alerted to the situation and ultimately cleaned up all of the glass from the slide.
“I hope by [bringing] what happened to people's attention [that] it might help other parents avoid their children getting hurt,” Smith said.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
The horrifying story quickly went viral, with many calling for the person who left the bottle to be found and punished, as seen on Stunning Things.
This is so sad and horrible...that needs to be punishable. In retrospect I have to question the mom of a toddler that found a comfortable spot to watch a toddler in diapers play on playground equipment by herself...I check everything my grandson goes on and watch him so he doesn't fall and I am there at the end of the slide to catch him...as is his grandfather.
Toddlers should never play on playground equipment without complete adult supervision at all times.. However I am not trying to put blame on the mom, she did not place the glass in the slide.
How sad. I feel for your little girl. She will hopefully over come her fear of slides wth tunnels as she gets older. I hope they can catch these punks and charge them to the hilt. They need more than a hand slap!