Society

E-Cigarette Explodes In Man's Pocket At Kentucky Gas Station (Video)

| by Sean Kelly
an e-cigarette exploding in a man's pocketan e-cigarette exploding in a man's pocket

A Kentucky man suffered third-degree burns on his legs after an e-cigarette exploded in his pants pocket at a gas station.

In a video of the incident (below), the man, identified as Owensboro, Kentucky, resident Josh Hamilton, can be seen reaching into his pocket at the counter of a gas station. Suddenly, sparks erupt from his pants and they burst into flames. 

A delivery man looks on in horror as Hamilton runs outside to try and stop the flames. A cashier follows him out the door with a fire extinguisher.

Hamilton later described the incident on Facebook.

Popular Video

A police officer saw a young black couple drive by and pulled them over. What he did next left them stunned:

Popular Video

A police officer saw a young black couple drive by and pulled them over. What he did next left them stunned:

"Third degree burns all up and down my leg," he wrote, according to Mashable. "Just had an Ecig battery blow up and catch fire inside my pocket! Ouch ow ow ow."

Hamilton's burns were later treated at the hospital.

Hamilton told Eyewitness News that the explosion was caused by a spare battery that was in his pocket. 

Watch the terrifying incident below.

Sources: Mashable, Eyewitness News / Photo credit: Mashable, YouTube

Do you smoke e-Cigarettes?
Yes - 0%
Yes - 0%