A German shepherd reportedly helped firefighters rescue two small children from a burning home, police say.
According to the Seminole County Sheriff's Office, a dog named Maxx helped firefighters locate a four-year-old boy and a two-year-old girl in the heavy smoke of a burning home in Longwood, Florida.
A GoFundMe page set up to help the family whose home was destroyed in the fire reads, "Maxx, the family dog, is credited with assisting firefighters through the heavy smoke to the location of each of the two children."
According to WFLA, neighbors called 911 when they saw the house go up in flames.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
The children's mother, Margo Feaser, a 12-year veteran of the Seminole County Sheriff's Office, was rescued along with her husband, while their children remained inside. With help from Maxx, firefighters were able to locate them.
The family members were hospitalized after being rescued, in conditions ranging from serious to critical, according to ABC News.
Maxx was treated for smoke inhalation and is reportedly doing well.