A Mississippi fast-food employee has been arrested for smearing spit and menstrual blood on a customer's burger, police said.
Sky Juliett Samuel, 18, handed herself in to police on Jan. 23, and was charged with a felony count of intentionally serving contaminated food at a Jack's restaurant, WCBI.com reports.
The Columbus-based woman has been placed in a cell at the Lowdnes County Adult Detention Center as she awaits arraignment. Samuel faces up to five years behind bards if convicted, the Huffington Post reports.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
A teen co-worker informed her mother she witnessed Samuel smear blood and saliva on a cheeseburger, which was given to a customer who was waiting for the meal at the drive-through window of the restaurant, The Dispatch reports.
The incident transpired around 10:30 p.m. on Jan. 7, authorities said.
The mother of the witness, Tabitha Hollins, posted on Facebook that her daughter was subsequently fired for reporting what she witnessed to the assistant manager:
“My daughter saw another worker put her (menstrual fluids) and lick cheese that went on a customer’s burger. My daughter told the (assistant manager) that was on duty and the (assistant manager) still brought the food out to the customer!!!
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
"We called the store to try and talk to the general manager and they wouldn’t give her the numbers to get a hold of a manager. We then called corporate who again did nothing!! They called my daughter in (Tuesday) and told her she was to resign or quit when she asked why they told her because her family made false reports!”
A Tupelo woman claiming to have been given the contaminated burger contacted law enforcement officials later on Jan. 10, says a department news statement.
Jack's CEO Todd Bartmass stated that the teen who reported the contamination was fired for reasons unconnected to the incident.
Samuel and a fellow employee “were terminated for violating company policies that were unrelated to any allegations of food tampering,” said a Jack's restaurant representative.
Two other employees who were working at the time of the alleged incident were put on leave as an investigation is undertaken.
Investigators are set to evaluate the food eatery’s surveillance footage.
The restaurant has an “A” Health Department rating and is deemed safe by state Health Department officials who inspected the facility.