Health

Family Mourns Death of Ruby Ramirez, 7, Who Suffocated on Balloon

| by

A family and community is in mourning after a 7-year-old girl accidentally choked on a balloon while playing at school and died.

Ruby Ramirez was running to meet her mother after school apparently with a balloon in her mouth, which she accidentally ingested. The girl’s mother Maria was waiting to pick her up from Sullivan Elementary School in South Texas Monday afternoon when she turned to see her daughter face down on the ground, unconscious.

Popular Video

People were so furious about this Pepsi ad that Pepsi pulled it after just one day. Watch it here and decide if it's offensive:

Maria and the school nurse attempted to perform CPR on Ruby, who then began coughing up blood. She was quickly transported to the Valley Baptist Medical Center, but suffered from a heart attack later that evening and died Tuesday morning.

The local community has come together to raise money for Maria, a single mother, as she prepares for the funeral. 

Popular Video

People were so furious about this Pepsi ad that Pepsi pulled it after just one day. Watch it here and decide if it's offensive: