Spruce Creek High School in Port Orange, Florida, was a few students short today.
Four students were taken to the hospital after they became sick from eating brownies apparently laced with marijuana hash oil. WESH reported at least 10 students ate the brownies, which were sold to them by a fellow student, according to the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office.
The students who were not hospitalized were sent home with their parents, but the teen who allegedly sold the tainted brownies, a 10th grader, was taken into custody. The unnamed 17-year-old student is cooperating with authorities and will face disciplinary action from the school.
Last week, another student from Spruce Creek High School was hospitalized after reportedly eating a tainted brownie, but it’s unknown if his illness was related to this batch, the Port Orange Police Department said.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Hash oil is a potent derivative of marijuana and contains a large amount of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive ingredient in cannabis.
Image via Andres Rodriguez/Flickr