Society

Family of 6 Found Dead In Home Due To Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, Police Say

| by Karin Sun
The Michigan home where the deaths occurredThe Michigan home where the deaths occurred

A Michigan family passed away in their home due to suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

The family of six was found dead by authorities in their home in Fenton Township, Michigan, on Feb. 21, WJRT reported. Police believe the family was killed by carbon monoxide released from a generator that they were using as a result of a power outage in the area on Feb. 19. 

Popular Video

Miranda Lambert saw the sign a veteran was holding up at her concert, she immediately broke down in tears:

Popular Video

Miranda Lambert saw the sign a veteran was holding up at her concert, she immediately broke down in tears:

Fire department officials responding to the scene reportedly had to open windows to air out the toxic fumes. The generator in question was taken as evidence by police.

The victims, who were found in their bedrooms around 2:30 p.m., were identified as Heather and Len Quasarano and their four children, Luke, Brenden, Rachel, and Grant, according to WJBK. The children ranged in age from 2 to 11 years old.

Three of the children attended Linden Elementary School in Linden, Michigan. According to WJBK, grief counselors will be available at the school on Feb. 22.

Although carbon monoxide is suspected as the cause of the deaths, this fact has not been officially confirmed by the Genesee County Sheriff's Department. More information is expected to be released at a press conference on Feb. 22 as the investigation into the incident continues, WJBK reported.

A relative of the Quasaranos has created a GoFundMe page to help cover funeral costs for the family. The page has raised nearly $25,000 in less than 24 hours. The goal of the page is to raise $45,000. 

Sources: WJRT, WJBK, GoFundMe / Photo Credit: WJRT