A New York woman has been charged with child endangerment after disappearing with her 7-month-old son and sending threatening text messages to the boyâ€™s father, police said on July 1.Â
Two hours after New York authorities issued a missing child alert for Nathaniel Jabbour, police said he had been found, WPIX News reports.Â
State authorities had issued the alert for Nathaniel after his father reported the boy missing, the New York Police Department said, reports WNBC News.
The 25-year-old father, who was not named in news stories, reportedly notified the Administration of Child Services in the Bronx that the boyâ€™s mother, 20-year-old Alexis Jabbour, had disappeared with boy after a June 19 fight.
Police were called to child services after the man said he had received a picture of his son with a knife being held to the boyâ€™s throat, along with threatening or alarming text messages about the child, reports WPIX.
A WABC News story indicates the picture appeared to have been taken in June.Â
Mother and son were found together shortly after they were reported missing, WNBC reports.Â
Police told WNYW News the two were found later in the evening on July 1 and that Nathaniel is safe.Â
Jabbour was subsequently charged with endangering the welfare of a child, reckless endangerment and aggravated harassment, reports WPIX.Â
Details regarding her bail and legal representation were not immediately available.Â