Marion 'Suge' Knight Collapses In Court

| by Amanda Andrade-Rhoades

Rap mogul Marion “Suge” Knight, 49, collapsed in court after a judge set his bail at $25 million on Friday. 

Knight is accused of murder, attempted murder and two counts of hit-and-run, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Los Angeles Fire Department officials treated Knight after he fell unconscious in the courtroom. He was then taken to the jail ward at USC Medical Center.

Deputy Dist. Atty. Cynthia J. Barnes didn’t buy his fainting spell and believed he “did it in front of the cameras.”

Matthew Fletcher, Knight’s attorney, insists his client’s health issues were genuine.

He was dripping sweat, like someone poured a bucket of water on him,” he said. "He wiped the sweat off his head and said, 'I haven't had my medication.'"

The hearing was delayed because Knight missed an inmate transport bus. Once he arrived, bail was set and the judge ordered Knight to prove any bail money came from legitimate sources.

Los Angeles criminal defense attorney Lou Shapiro told NBC Los Angeles that Knight would have to pay all $25 million in cash or pay a bond company 8 percent of the sum. The company would then put up the entire amount, but would keep its 8 percent fee.

"Shocked, I've never seen a $25 million bail,” Fletcher said, after he argued Knight wasn’t a flight risk because he’s recognizable. 

Barnes said the bail wasn’t high enough and produced a 300-page document detailing all of Knight's brushes with the law, including more than two dozen police reports that implicate Knight in robberies, extortion, money laundering, assaults, battery and witness intimidation.

“When I wrote this, I was appalled … he basically is above the law,” Barnes said.

Knight reportedly has several health issues. In court, he stated he was shot six times last year and developed a blood clot in his lungs as well as other complications.

Sources: Los Angeles Times, NBC Los Angeles / Image via Los Angeles Times