A Sanford, Florida judge has set George Zimmerman’s new bail at $1 million. Zimmerman's previous bail of $150,000 was revoked after the judge found out that he misrepresented his financial situation to the court.
The Orlando Sentinel reports:
A Sanford judge today ordered George Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who shot and killed Trayvon Martin, released on $1 million bail but called him a manipulator and said it appeared the defendant had been preparing to flee the country.
It was not immediately clear how long it would take the 28-year-old Zimmerman to arrange his release.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Defense attorney Mark O'Mara said Friday that Zimmerman's legal defense fund had a balance of $211,000, more than enough to cover the 10-percent non-refundable portion charged by most bonding companies.
Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder in the death of Trayvon Martin. Zimmerman says he killed Martin in self-defense on Feb 26, 2012.