A couple in Cobb County, Georgia, has been accused of giving a 2-year-old an alcoholic beverage that made him very sick.
The unnamed boy became unresponsive and stopped breathing after consuming the mixed drink. He was taken to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta for treatment.
Authorities say the child’s blood alcohol level was 0.29, more than three times the legal limit for drivers in Georgia, reports The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
The boy’s mother, Jasmin Briana Moore, and William Chester Hickson, were both arrested and charged with cruelty to children in the first degree, reports The Daily Mail.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
The mixed drink the toddler consumed contained Coca-Cola and 40 proof Paul Masson Brandy.
“Said accused did give the victim, a 2-year-old male child, a mixed alcoholic beverage which consisted of Coca-Cola and 40 proof Paul Masson Brandy, or said accused had knowledge that said child was drinking said alcoholic beverage and allowed the child to continue drinking in the presence of said accused,” both warrants stated.
The mixed drink was allegedly given to the boy on Saturday night. Moore was arrested Tuesday, and Hickson was arrested on Monday, according to booking records.
Moore and Hickson are each being held on $75,000 bond.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
Photo Source: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution/Cobb County Jail