Anders Behring Breivik Warns of More Attacks

| by Mark Berman Opposing Views

Accused Norwegian mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik claims more terror attacks like the one he allegedly pulled off last week are in the offing.

Breivik appeared in court in Oslo on Monday and was taken into custody for at least eight weeks while the investigation goes on.

But according to a report in the New York Daily News, Breivik said that "two more cells in our organization" are prepared to strike to stop what he called the Muslim colonization of Europe.

The 32-year-old Norwegian national reportedly confessed to the attacks, saying he wanted to send a strong message to Norway's ruling party that it had failed the country.

Breivik had requested a public hearing so he could explain his actions to a grieving nation. However, the judged sealed the courtroom to prevent Breivik from gaining publicity for his anti-Muslim views. Breivik did read from his hated-filled 1,500 page manifesto during the hearing, but only court officials heard it.

He said the killings were "marketing" for his ideas, and that many others in Europe agree with him. The prosecutor said Breivik "seems unaffected by what has happened."

One good piece of good news in this horrific tragedy -- the death toll has been lowered. The official count now stands at 76 -- 68 at the summer camp, eight in the downtown bombing. That number had been at 93.