One man was killed and three others were wounded Saturday night after an apparent home invasion ended with gunfire and stabbings, police in Gresham, Oregon, are saying.
Police responded to Rolling Hills Mobile Terrace and RV Park around 10:15 p.m. Saturday after residents there reported hearing gunshots, KPTV News reported.
More than a dozen officers arrived on the scene, and they found at least four people injured.
Police told KPTV they now believe four men entered a mobile home and attacked the 34-year-old man living there. That man, police said, fought back, grabbed a pistol, and shot two of the suspects.
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
One neighbor, who wasn’t identified, told KPTV that she was among the residents who reported the incident.
“When I came around the corner here, I saw a gentleman laying on the ground,” she said. “I heard sirens but it seemed like they weren’t very close so I called 911 and told them there was a gentleman laying on the ground in the park, and if they could hurry up.”
Neighbor Teddy Goings told KOIN News that he heard the shots and the cries of one of the wounded men.
“Before we went to bed we heard gunshots,” Goings said. “I’m glad I wasn’t out there… he hollered, ‘Who shot me? Who shot me?’ He was going to go back after the person who shot him.”
A 25-year-old male suspect was pronounced dead at the scene, the result of a gunshot wound, police told The Oregonian.
The man living in the mobile home also shot a 16-year-old suspect who was rushed to a nearby hospital.
Police arrested a 17-year-old suspect and 24-year-old Jesus Arciaga-Bucio at the scene.
Arciaga-Bucio had been stabbed, police told KOIN. He was treated at a hospital and released into police custody. He was last reported as being held on an unrelated probation violation at the Multnomah County Detention Center. Charges are expected to be brought against him for the home invasion.
The 17-year-old suspect was not injured and was last reported as being held at a juvenile facility, charged with one count each of first-degree assault and first-degree burglary. Many news outlets have chosen not to report his name because of his age.
The 16-year-old who was shot was still in the hospital as of Sunday and charges had not yet been filed against him.
Police have not released the name of the victim. He was taken to the hospital and treated for non-life threatening stab wounds and released.
Detectives with East County Major Crimes Team are leading the investigation into the incident and tell KPTV they believe the victim was targeted specifically by the suspects.
Photo credit: Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office via KOIN News