A Michigan animal control officer rescued an 11-year-old terrier mix from a house fire this week and resuscitated him with mouth-to-mouth.
The dog, named Valentino, was alert and breathing when fire officials pulled him from a burning home on Wednesday.
But when Southfield Animal Control Officer Robert White was driving him to a veterinary hospital for an evaluation the dog collapsed.
White pulled over and found Valentino wasn’t breathing. He performed CPR – canine pulmonary resuscitation, according to the Southfield Police Department.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Valentino started breathing again and White continued their drive to the vet, where he was put into an oxygen chamber.
Police told CBS Detroit that Valentino is “recovering well” and would return before Labor Day.
Image credit: Flickr Creative Commons / honeyab