A 5-year-old girl from Kenner, Louisiana, saved her grandmother’s life when their home caught on fire.
Cloe Woods was in bed on the morning of Feb. 17 when she heard the fire alarm go off in her home, WWL-TV reported. The kitchen stove had caught fire and Cloe rushed to help her blind grandmother get to safety.
“She told my mom to hold her shoulder and that they had to get out of the house,” Cloe’s mom, Shone Arceneaux, said.
"Her grandmother wanted to get her shoes but Cloe told her no — they had to get out," Sharon Lowe, who works at Cloe’s school, wrote on the GoFundMe page created to help the family who has been displaced since the fire.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Cloe got her grandmother and dog safely outside and then she went to neighbors’ homes for one specific item: water.
“I wanted water, to pour it,” Cloe told WWL-TV.
Arceneaux returned from dropping her older children off at their carpool stop nearby to find Cloe in action.
“She was running and telling the neighbors to call 911, and I said what’s going on,” Arceneaux said. "She said the house is on fire, so I jump out of the car and said what?"
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
It was the information Cloe learned on a recent field trip to the Kenner Fire Department with her Pre-K class at Our Lady of Perpetual Help that gave her the knowledge of what to do in a fire.
“They talked to the kids saying if there was a fire you need to get out of the house,” her teacher, Brittany Gaillot, said.
“She saved her grandmother’s life and saved her own life,” Kenner Fire Department Chief John Hellmers said.
The GoFundMe campaign for Cloe’s family has raised more than $11,680 in just three days as of Feb. 21.