22 Elementary School Students Get Sick After Gross-Out Dare

| by Sarah Fruchtnicht
article imagearticle image

School officials in San Diego say that a lunchtime dare to drink a nasty concoction led to 22 students getting sick and 18 of them being taken to the hospital.

Elementary school students drank the mixture of hot sauce, salt, milk, and carrots on Thursday, said San Diego schools spokesmen Jack Bradais. Reports of upset stomachs and nausea followed.

When teachers made a general announcement to ask other students if they were feeling well, many more stepped forward. Of course, there were some of them, Brandais said, “who may not have had problems at all.”

All students treated at the hospital were later released.

As a health precaution the school scoured the kitchen, cafeteria, and eating areas overnight.


Sources: Fox News, Modesto Bee