Gemma Colley briefly had a tan baby.
Colley, a mother from Leeds, England, went for a full-body spray tan before breast-feeding her infant son. “Cue 5 o'clock shadow and a very guilty mummy,” she wrote on the Facebook page “The Unmumsy Mum” where she posted a photo of her son’s tanned face.
Colley called the incident an “epic fail of fails,” but the photo has since gone viral. After she posted it to Facebook, the image garnered more than 173,000 likes and nearly 50,000 shares.
Apparently, this type of accident is not uncommon. Several other mothers replied to the photo to share their own experience of inadvertently tanning their children. "I used a spray tan in the bathroom one day, next day my son had a brown ring around his bottom. I'd managed to spray tan his potty and not noticed and when he used the potty the tan went on his bum," wrote Sally-anne Grayley.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Fortunately, the tan has since faded, Metro reported.
"For all the people out there who are concerned for my little boys (sic) safety, here's a picture I took the morning after," she wrote. "If I've made a handful of mummy's (sic) feel human and not so bad about themselves then I've achieved what I set out to do."