Social

Mother Has Horrific Experience With Baby Changing Mat

| by Zara Zhi
Samuel's irritated skinSamuel's irritated skin

A British mother inadvertently laid her baby son onto a changing mat with five drawing pins hidden in it, resulting in punctures all over his body.

Now Hayley Turner is warning other parents to check public baby amenities. Her Facebook post, which has more than 80,000 shares, describes the ordeal that left her son Samuel with painful injuries.  

Turner’s post reads:

I don't normally post things like this but I'm guessing if it happened to me it could happen to someone else, so I thought I'd spread a little word of warning to prevent it happening in the future. Today I changed Samuel's nappy on a public changing mat, somewhere I trust to be a safe place. When I laid him down he screamed. I dismissed it as him being tired, cold and grumpy so I changed him as quickly as possible so I could give him a cuddle and calm him down. 

Popular Video

A police officer saw a young black couple drive by and pulled them over. What he did next left them stunned:

Popular Video

A police officer saw a young black couple drive by and pulled them over. What he did next left them stunned:

It turns out some lowlife scum thought it would be "fun" to deliberately put drawing pins in the bottom of the changing mat. Our poor baby boy was laid on pins! And because he isn't old enough to tell me it hurt, he now looks like a pin cushion with five holes in total! Angry doesn't even cover it. It's quite sad to think this has to be done but my word of warning is to check your changing mats.

Many angry posters were left wondering what kind of monster could do such a thing, according to Daily Mail.

Anya Druce wrote: “Oh my god this is awful, and absolutely disgusting to think people would even do this to a baby. Poor little boy. I'm definitely going to be checking the changing mats in future now.”

Kellie Clark-Hughes added: “What sort of sick person does this?”

Danielle Brooks wrote: “I can't believe what I am reading this is horrible! I will share this post so that people will be aware so that this will hopefully never happen again! I can't believe some people can be so cruel!!! Makes my blood boil!”

Fortunately, Samuel has recovered and is doing fine, according to Turner.

Sources: Daily Mail, Facebook / Photo credit: Hayley Turner/Facebook

Does this story make you wary of public baby facilities?
Yes - 0%
Yes - 0%