Mom Warns Of The Dangers Of Slinkies (Photos)

| by Brendan Kelly
Brooklyn' slinkyBrooklyn' slinky

A mother’s Facebook post warning parents about the dangers of an extremely popular children’s toy is going viral.

Emma Bozner shared a photo on Facebook of her son’s neck after he played with a classic children’s toy -- the slinky.

Bozner's 3-year-old son Brooklyn was reportedly playing with one of his favorite toys, his Paw Patrol slinky, when Bozner turned her back for less than a minute. When she turned back around, Brooklyn had managed to wrap the slinky around his neck three times.

“It was so tight around his neck I couldn’t get a big enough gap to fit scissors through and cut it off,” Bozner wrote in her Feb. 24 Facebook post. “However after pulling it from the back (and choking him in the process) I managed to get some of it cut only to find it was metal wire inside and was a lot harder to cut through.”

Bozner noted that she is fortunate to have been able to save her son, but she wants to warn other parents about the dangers of leaving your child alone with a slinky.

"Each second that passed was a second closer to losing Brooklyn, but luckily I managed to get it cut and off his neck, leaving his neck all cut and very sore," Emma wrote. "I know slinkys have been [around] for years but any mommies and daddies on here, could you please ensure that you don't leave your child alone playing with a slinky?"

Bozner's Facebook post has since gone viral, garnering over 1,500 shares in just one week.

Sources: Emma Bozner/FacebookPopsugar / Photo Credit: Emma Bozner/Facebook

Do you think the slinky is dangerous for young children?
Yes - 0%
Yes - 0%